We believe that â€œA new way of thinking creates a new way of living.â€
The Youth Empowerment Workshops improves and impacts the lives of youth by bringing about a positive cultural change through science, technology, engineering & math (STEM), workshops, arts, creativity and fun.
In response to the ongoing challenges posed by the youth crisis plaguing our school systems, communities and our homes; we would like to express our concern. Through all of the turmoil and confusion, some of our youth have become numb and almost non-existent in the cycle of conformity. Together weâ€™ve internalized ways in which we can become a benefit and part of a resolution to heal the broken systems of communication, increase parent involvement and bridge the gap between parents, schools and our communities. Our collaborative dedicate and commit ourselves to becoming the link in healing, nourishing and bridging the gap.
Our nonprofit, 501 (c) 3 charitable organizations provide the Community with:
- Activities for at-risk youth and their families; to promote peace, good health and a non-violent community.
- Increased academic knowledge through our STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) program.
- Recreational and athletic activities.
- Positive mentoring, leadership, character skills promoted through tutoring, good health, life skills training, social and self awareness, and a safe haven.
- Job Training for youth and their families.
- Promote self-worth promotion by teaching and hosting workshops to encourage development and direction, tutoring services, etiquette classes and field trips outside of living communities.
- Encouraging open forums of discussions to resolve community differences among youth and teach ways of resolving problems before they escalate into community disruptions.
- Cultural Expressions through the arts.
- Domestic violence awareness, gang prevention and intervention and safe sex awareness.
VOLUNTEER WITH US:
Do you have a desire to see the life of a youth changed?
You can assist us with:
- Science & Technology Lab
- Teen groups
- Program implementation
- Workshop/seminar facilitator
- Art , music, drama and dance
- Mentoring /tutoring
- Summit Support
Without your support we fall short!!
Uniting our Youth and Just Us Foundations Striving to Achieve Results Programs have been operating on a grassroots level, to provide a positive influence for the many youth who come to us off the streets resources and support
Our programs provides direction and educational and life skills for up to 50 youth each week despite the lack of grant funding. With your support and financial assistance we can continue to provide our services for our youth.
Your tax deductible donations can be sent to :
4608 Hayes Street NE
Washington, DC 20019
Make checks out to: UOY. Please indicate Collaborative on the â€œforâ€ line.
100 % or your donations will go towards programs & services.